One of our favorite recipes, this delicious Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie tastes delicious and looks beautiful in our porcelain Pie Plates.
- 3 cups sliced rhubarb about 1/4" thick (approx. 5 to 6 stalks)
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cold butter cut into tablespoon size pieces
1 unbaked extra large pie crust
- In a large bowl combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and corn starch. Mix well. Mixture will begin to thicken and become like syrup as it is stirred.
- Roll out deep dish pie crust and place in pie plate.
- Pour the the strawberry/rhubarb mixture in the crust and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and brown sugar, then add the butter using a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour sugar mixture until it has the consistency of course crumbs.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the top of the pie, try not to cover the edges of the pie crust.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 60-70 minutes (this includes the additional cooking time to bring the pie plate to temperature without preheating the oven) When the struesel is golden brown and bubbling hot remove and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Please do not preheat the oven; this recipe allows for additional cooking time so the deep dish pie plate is not shocked. Place pie in the oven at room temperature.